Steve Jobs Introduces Apple iTunes 5, iTunes Motorola ROKR Cingular Mobile Phone, Full Featured Solid State Mighty Tiny Color iPod nano
• 1.8 million songs sold each day.
• iTunes has 82% market share in the US.
• 80% share in UK
• in 20 countries
• 85% of the global music market
• 15,000 listed in the Podcast Directory
• Growing at 1,000 per week
• 21 languages - Estonian, Finnish, Serbian & Thai
• 2 Million Songs in the iTunes Library
• 10 Million Accounts all with credit cards
• 60 songs purchased per account average
• One of the largest internet stores in the world perhaps only second to Amazon.com
The Complete Harry Potter and Collector's iPod with the Hogwarts crest etched on the back for only $548 total.
All 15 of Modonna's albums are added. Steve does an iChat Video Chat with her in London and it's a riot to watch. She is so funny.
Download the FREE iTunes 5 here.
• Time Display same as iPod - Elapsed left end, Remaining right end
• Playlist Folders - combine playlists into folders
• Search Bar - easier to find tracks by file type
• "Videos" Isolator button for motion pictures
• "Booklets" Isolator button for PDF enclosures
• Microsoft Outlook for Windows Auto Synching Contacts and Calendars
• Smart Shuffle - choose frequency same artist and album tracks repeat
• Album Reviews - helps you learn what the albums are about
• Parental Controls - keeps kids from downloading explicit content
Then he does a great demo followed by the introduction of an iTunes Mobile Phone by Motorola. The "motoROKR" - pronounced "rocker" - Quad Band GSM, looks to have all the features of a comprehensive multimedia phone. Store up to 100 songs on it. It has stereo speakers, a camera that records photos and video plus Bluetooth and internet access. $249 from Cingular in USA. And Other country release info here. Steve likes to think of it as an iPod Shuffle in a cell phone.
Ron Garriques, President, Mobile Devices Motorola takes the stage. Talks about music being the #1 desire among cell phone users. How thrilled he is to be working with Apple engineers. Sneak preview of their new TV ad which features a lot of rock stars and especially Madonna taging "Hello Moto".
Cingular the exclusive US carrier. Ralph de la Vega, COO Cingular takes the stage. Entertainment, Computers, Communications Convergence is his passion. Makes the case for why Cingular with Apple & Motorola is the right combination. #1 wireless market share, only company in america with roll over minutes, largest digital voice and data market in America with over 51 million customers. Very long battery life.
He shows us the New Billboards, TV Ads including one en espanol, and a Magazine ad. Fun. In stores this weekend.
• 22 million sold to date, 6 million last quarter, compared to Sony Play Station Portable which only sold 2 million last quarter
• 74% market share as of july
• over 1K accessories for iPod
• new iPod connectivity cars - Honda, Acura, Audi, Volkswagen
• Already have Mercedes, Nissan, Scion, Cooper mini, BMW connectivity
• in model year 2006 30% of all cars wold in the US will offer iPod connectivity as an option.
World's Most Popular MP3 player.
Today Apple ENDS the mini era
Introducing the iPod nano
a solid state replacement with superior qualities.
Steve: "The iPod nano is the biggest revolution since the original iPod. A lot of people have worked so hard on this over the last many many months. And it is my priviledge to show it to you now." Steve is really into this product. Says, "It is one of the most amazing products Apple has ever, ever created. A thousand songs in your pocket impossably small."
80% smaller than the original iPod from 4 years ago. 62% smaller than the mini. one-third the size. 68% smaller than the iRiver. 69% smaller than the Zen Player. Zen Neon 58% smaller. Samsung 58 % smaller. Sony 67% smaller. 66% smaller than the smallest phone on the market.
"It's really small size," Steve emphasizes.
Dock size is the same as mini so existing universe of accessories still work with it. USB 2 fast transfers and charge system and 14 hour rechargeable battery life. White and Black models.
2 GB $199, 4 GB $249. Smaller and lighter than ever with no moving parts, 'cept for the click-wheel, and enhanced features. Sports a 1.5" color LCD display, weighs 1.5 ounces and measures 3.5"x1.6"x.27". Sweet.
• Dock $29
• Lanyard Headphones $39
• Arm Bands, Red, Pink, White, Blue, Green $29 each
• NanoTubes, Red, Pink, White, Blue, Green $29 set of all 5
• Rolling out over the next 4 weeks.
Kanye West performs his #1 hit "Gold Digger" live.