Monday, August 08, 2005

R. Buckminster "Bucky" Fuller: “Everything I Know” - Audio/Video of the January 1975 historic 42-hour session! . . . . . . . VOD only


The universe of audio and video will always have all sorts of lengths, sizes and qualities among its parts. There is no right or wrong on this subject. I do think shorter is generally better for most things - especially in this early stage of internet distribution. However . . .

I am so thrilled to have just found this classic R. Buckminster "Bucky" Fuller Series from January 1975. I knew him personally so this is a huge find for me. And I cannot stress enough how important I think it is that all persons watch and or listen to all 42 hours of it. This is MUST SEE TV for every generation. Thank you so much for mentioning it Steve Watkins.

The Real Player series is handing off sockets every minute. I have never seen video distributed this way before. I guess you can stop it any time and pick up where you leave off by keeping the individual part of the string - sort of like a series of little chain links - on your desktop. Very interesting. Wonder how they do that and why? The player keeps handing off to 1-1.5 minute segments while remaining the same name between each thought he states. And the video gets very interesting as the editor or the director used the blue screen to project more than one shot of Bucky simultaneously while he was talking. Can't tell if that was done in post or during the recording. And Bucky directing the director - this is CLASSIC!!!

I think Bucky was the original inventor of the Internet. He was the first person to imagine and postulate the concept of a global interconnected network of computers sharing information for resource re-delegation. However his concept was not at the desktop level because that was beyond his ability to imagine. I took him to Apple to meet Steve Jobs back in the 70's and he thought the Apple computer was "just a toy". He wound up being too old to fathom what we have today. But I did imagine it beyond his mainframe network concept. I tried to tell him this was going to happen but he didn't get it cause desktops were still too weak then.

Thank you so much Steve Watkins. Bucky video for FREE! This is another internet miracle. Wow!! the quality of this video is amazing considering when it was recorded in January 1975. I am totally blown away. Thank you soooooo much. I am crying. Bucky is my #1 all time hero.

I will definitely be watching all 42 hours of this set MORE THAN ONCE. And I will be listening to the audio on my iPod even more times. Every minute is a mind blowing experience for me.

2 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI: the links to the video don't work, I got the standard "HTTP 404 Not Found" message window...

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger FutureMedia said...

What links to what video? All these links seem to be working just fine for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home